Highland Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Drunk driving accidents inflict profound and often life-altering consequences on innocent individuals. The impact of such incidents extends far beyond physical injuries, as victims and their families endure emotional trauma and financial burdens. Drunk driving cuts lives tragically short, and survivors may face a challenging road to recovery, both physically and emotionally.
At Gladish Law Group, our Drunk driving accident lawyers in Highland recognize the devastating toll these accidents take on the lives of those affected. Our Highland drunk driving accident lawyers are committed to seeking justice for the innocent, advocating for their rights, and pursuing rightful compensation to help them rebuild their lives.
With two Lake County, Indiana, locations, our lawyers represent accident victims throughout the state with a focus on Highland and Crown Point. Call us today.
Why Choose Gladish Law Group for Your Highland Drunk Driving Accident Claim?
The drunk driving accident attorneys at Gladish Law Group are your trusted advocates in Highland, Indiana, dedicated to guiding you through the aftermath of a sudden and devastating drunk driving accident. We understand the profound impact such incidents can have on individuals and families, both physically and emotionally.
In the wake of a drunk driving crash, navigating the complex legal landscape becomes crucial. Our experienced team Highland personal injury lawyers is here to help you explore the option of filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit to seek rightful compensation for the injuries sustained.
We approach each case with professionalism and compassion, striving to make the legal process as clear and supportive as possible during this challenging time.
Trust Gladish Law Group to stand by your side, advocating for justice and the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and evaluation of your case.
Our Highland Office Location and Headquarters
We have two locations in Lake County, Indiana to serve both north Lake County at our Highland address and south Lake County at our Crown Point address. Our primary address is 3235 45th Street, Highland, Indiana 46322. You can reach us by phone at (219) 838-1900 to meet with one of our personal injury attorneys to discuss your claim. All consultations are free and kept strictly confidential.
Understanding Drunk Driving Accidents
In Indiana, it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, as stipulated by the Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) laws. Commonly referred to as Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI), these regulations prohibit individuals from driving any vehicle while under the influence.
The state’s DUI laws encompass criteria such as Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limits, potential criminal consequences like jail time and fines, driver’s license suspensions, and the requirement for implied consent to alcohol and drug testing if you are operating a vehicle. Specifically, Indiana drunk driving laws stipulate that:
If a driver’s BAC reaches 0.08 percent no other evidence is required to show that the driver was impaired to be convicted of an OWI charge. This is a per se BAC limit DUI law.
There is a lower BAC limit of 0.02 percent for drivers younger than the legal drinking age in Indiana (21 years old) because they are not old enough to drink. This type of policy is called a zero tolerance law.
- According to a recent report from Responsibility.org, in its most recent reporting year, Indiana had 210 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities compared to 10,142 drunk driving deaths nationwide.
- Drunk driving accidents with fatalities accounted for 26 percent of all total traffic fatalities in the state. There were 17 under-21 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities. Highland, in its last reporting period, recorded 21 alcohol-impaired crashes out of a total of 636 total crashes.
What to Do After a Highland Drunk Driving Accident
Here’s a brief guide on what to do after a drunk driving accident in Highland, Indiana:
- Ensure Safety: Check for injuries and call for medical assistance if needed. Move to a safe location if possible, to avoid further harm.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Call the police to report the accident. Provide accurate details but avoid admitting fault. Let the police know if you suspect the other driver is intoxicated.
- Exchange Information: Collect information from all parties involved, including names, contact details, and insurance information. Do not confront the other driver if you suspect they are intoxicated. Let law enforcement assess the situation and handle this.
- Gather Evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, damage to vehicles, and any relevant road signs or signals.
- Witness Information: Obtain contact information from any witnesses who can testify about the accident.
- Do Not Discuss Fault: Refrain from discussing fault with other parties or making statements to insurance adjusters without legal advice.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if injuries seem minor, seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Document Damages: Keep records of medical bills, vehicle repair estimates, and any other related expenses.
- Contact Gladish Law Group: Reach out to our experienced team of drunk driving accident lawyers to discuss your case and understand your legal options.
- Insurance Communication: Notify your insurance company about the accident but be cautious about providing recorded statements without legal guidance.
Remember, seek legal assistance to navigate the complexities of a drunk driving accident case. Gladish Law Group is here to provide the professional and compassionate support you need during this challenging time.
How Can Gladish Law Group Help With My DUI Accident Claim?
At Gladish Law Group, we are committed to providing comprehensive support for your DUI accident claim. Our approach to cases is rooted in a three-fold strategy:
Thorough Investigation Process
We conduct a meticulous examination of the circumstances surrounding your DUI accident. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and collaborating with experts to build a solid foundation for your case. Our goal is to leave no stone unturned, ensuring that all pertinent details are uncovered to strengthen your claim.
Building Strong Legal Strategies
Armed with the insights gained from our investigation, we develop robust legal strategies tailored to the unique aspects of your DWI accident case. Whether it involves proving liability, demonstrating the extent of damages, or navigating complex legal nuances, our seasoned legal team crafts a compelling, effective plan to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome.
Advocating for Maximum Compensation
We understand the significant impact a DUI accident can have on your life. Our dedicated attorneys tirelessly advocate on your behalf, seeking the compensation you rightfully deserve. This includes pursuing damages for medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and other losses incurred as a result of the accident.
Our goal is to secure the maximum compensation available under the law, alleviating the financial burdens associated with the aftermath of a DUI accident.
By choosing Gladish Law Group, you’re not just acquiring legal representation; you’re gaining a partner committed to your well-being. We navigate the complexities of drunk driving accident claims with confidence and compassion, ensuring that you receive the support and advocacy needed for a successful resolution to your case.
Contact Gladish Law Group Today
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a drunk driving accident in Highland, Indiana, don’t face the aftermath alone. At Gladish Law Group, we focus on helping individuals like you seek justice and rightful compensation for the damages incurred.
Our experienced team is here to guide you through the process of filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim. We understand the challenges you’re facing, and we’re dedicated to providing the professional and compassionate support you need during this difficult time.
Don’t let the financial and emotional burdens overwhelm you. Take the first step toward justice by calling Gladish Law Group today. Our committed attorneys are ready to listen, evaluate your case, and advocate on your behalf. Your well-being is our priority, and we’re here to help you rebuild. Call our Highland law office at (219) 838-1900 or fill out our online contact form.