Hammond, Indiana – Car Accident Lawyer - Hammond Car Accident Attorney – Serious Injury – Death Cases
The City of Hammond has a relatively high rate of car accidents. In 2020, there were over 2,000 car accidents reported in the City of Hammond. This is an average of over 5 car accidents per day. In 2021, there were over 5,000 car accidents reported in the city, resulting in over 1,000 injuries and 20 deaths. The most common causes of car accidents in the City of Hammond were distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The most common type of car accident in the City of Hammond is a rear-end collision. Other common types of car accidents include head-on collisions, sideswipe collisions, and rollovers.
The most common causes of car accidents in the City of Hammond, Indiana are:
- Distracted driving: This includes talking on the phone, texting, eating, and using other electronic devices while driving.
- Impaired driving: This includes driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Speeding: Driving too fast for the conditions is a major factor in many accidents.
- Reckless driving: This includes driving aggressively, weaving in and out of traffic, and running red lights.
- Drowsy driving: Driving while tired can be just as dangerous as driving drunk.
- Driving without insurance: Uninsured drivers are more likely to flee the scene of an accident, making it difficult to get compensation for your injuries.
- Bad weather: Driving in bad weather, such as rain, snow, or fog, can make it difficult to see and control your car.
- Defective equipment: A car with faulty brakes, tires, or other equipment can be a hazard on the road.
- Animals: Animals on the road can cause accidents, especially at night.
- Construction zones: Construction zones can be dangerous because of narrow lanes, lane closures, and other hazards.
If you are involved in a car accident in the City of Hammond, Indiana, it is important to seek medical attention immediately if you were injured in the collision. You need to also contact the police and file a report ensuring that you advise the investigation officer as to the actions of the other driver that led to the collision as well as any complaints of pain/injury you have at that time. If you have been injured in the collision and you were not at fault, you are entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages as well as pain and suffering. The Gladish Law Group will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Monetary damages/value of my car accident case:
The elements of damage recoverable in a car accident in the City of Hammond, Indiana, are the same as in other cities, counties and states.
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all medical treatment related to the accident, such as doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and prescription drugs.
- Lost wages: This includes the amount of money you lost due to being unable to work as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering: This includes the emotional and physical pain you have experienced as a result of the accident.
- Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Wrongful death: If you were killed in the accident, your survivors may be able to recover damages for your pain and suffering, funeral expenses, and loss of support.
The amount of damages recoverable for a plaintiff in a car accident case will vary depending on the severity of the injuries and the circumstances of the accident. In general, the more severe the injuries, the more damages the victim will be able to recover. It is also important to note that the amount of insurance available to compensate the plaintiff does vary from defendant to defendant which is why you need an experienced attorney like the Gladish Law Group to ensure that all avenues of recovery for your injuries and damages are explored to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
How to Prevent Car Accidents in the City of Hammond, Indiana:
There are a number of things that can be done to prevent car accidents in Hammond, Indiana. Some of the most important things include:
Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to the road.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Drive defensively.
- Get enough sleep before driving.
- Make sure your car is in good condition.
- Be aware of animals on the road.
- Slow down and be cautious in construction zones.
- Not driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Signaling your intentions before changing lanes or making turns
By taking these precautions, you can help to reduce the risk of being involved in a car accident. Car accidents are a serious problem in the City of Hammond, Indiana. By understanding the causes of car accidents and taking steps to prevent them, you can help to keep yourself and others safe on the road.
How a Hammond Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Car Accident Injury Claim:
If you, or a loved one, has suffered an injury or death due to the negligence of a car driver, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified lawyer who understands the law and possesses the skill to ensure that you get justice you deserve for your loss. Do not waste your one and only opportunity to receive just compensation for your injury case by hiring the wrong lawyer. Get a lawyer that is experienced, highly rated and certified to represent you and/or your family. Get Gladish.
About Hammond, Indiana
The City of Hammond, Indiana is a city with a population of over 80,000 people. It is located in Lake County, Indiana, and is a part of the Chicago metropolitan area. The City of Hammond is a major transportation hub, with Interstate 80/90 and Interstate 65 running through the city.