Gary, Indiana – Car Accident Lawyer - Car Accident Attorney – Serious Injury – Death Cases
Number of Car Accidents in Gary, Indiana:
The number of car accidents in Gary, Indiana, has been increasing in recent years. In 2022, there were a total of 3,652 car accidents in Gary, Indiana. This is an increase of 10% from the previous year. The majority of these accidents occurred during the afternoon rush hour, between the hours of 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM. In 2021, there were over 10,000 car accidents reported in the city. This represents an increase of over 10% from the previous year.
The increase in car accidents in Gary is likely due to a number of factors, including:
- An aging infrastructure;
- Increased traffic congestion; and
- Distracted driving
Tips for Avoiding Car Accidents in Gary, Indiana:
There are a number of things that drivers can do to avoid car accidents in Gary, Indiana. Some of these tips include:
- Obeying the speed limit;
- Not driving while distracted;
- Being aware of your surroundings;
- Signaling before changing lanes or turning;
- Leaving plenty of space between you and the car in front of you;
- Getting regular maintenance on your car;
By following these tips, you can help to reduce your risk of being involved in a car accident in Gary, Indiana.
Injuries from Gary Car Accidents:
Of the 3,652 car accidents that occurred in the City of Gary in 2022, 2,345 resulted in injuries. This is an increase of 15% from the previous year. The total cost of damages from car accidents in the City of Gary in 2022 was estimated to be $100 million. In car accidents, drivers can sustain a range of injuries, varying in severity depending on the nature and impact of the crash. Here’s a short discussion of common injuries:
- Whiplash: One of the most common injuries, whiplash occurs when the head is jerked forward and backward suddenly. It can cause neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness.
- Fractures: Bones can break in car accidents, particularly in the arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones. Fractures may require casting, immobilization, or surgery depending on their severity.
- Head and brain injuries: A strong impact can lead to head injuries, including concussions, contusions (bruises), and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). These injuries can result in cognitive impairments, memory loss, headaches, dizziness, and mood changes.
- Chest and abdominal injuries: The impact of a collision can cause rib fractures, organ damage, or internal bleeding in the chest or abdominal area. These injuries may require immediate medical attention or surgical intervention.
- Spinal cord injuries: Severe accidents can lead to spinal cord damage, resulting in paralysis or loss of sensation in different parts of the body. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on a driver’s mobility and quality of life.
- Soft tissue injuries: Car accidents can cause damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Sprains, strains, and tears in these soft tissues can result in pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
- Psychological trauma: Drivers involved in car accidents may also experience emotional and psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression.
It’s important to note that this is not an exhaustive list, and the severity and type of injuries can vary significantly depending on various factors such as vehicle speed, safety equipment usage, and the position of impact. Seeking immediate medical attention following a Gary car accident is crucial to assess and treat any potential injuries.
Monetary Damages/Value of your car accident case:
The damages caused by car accidents in City of Gary can be significant. Some of the most common types of damages include:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Property damage.
The amount of damages recoverable for plaintiffs in a car accident cases in the City of Gary will vary depending upon the type of injuries and damages sustained in the collision as well as the facts of how the collision occurred. In general, the more severe the injuries and damages, the larger the monetary recovery for the victim of the defendant’s negligence. Note, the amount of car insurance available to compensate a plaintiff varies depending upon the coverage that the defendant purchased which is why you need an experienced attorney like the Gladish Law Group to ensure that all avenues of recovery for your injuries and damages to you get the compensation you deserve, since a defendant may not have insurance or the defendant are very low limits.
In a car accident case, money damages that may be recoverable typically include economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages may include medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial losses directly resulting from the accident. Non-economic damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and diminished quality of life. The specific damages recoverable will depend on the circumstances of the accident and the applicable laws.
How a Gary Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Car Accident Injury Claim:
If you, or a loved one, has suffered an injury or death due to the negligence of a car driver, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified lawyer who understands the law and possesses the skill to ensure that you get justice you deserve for your loss. Do not waste your one and only opportunity to receive just compensation for your injury case by hiring the wrong lawyer. Get a lawyer that is experienced, highly rated and certified to represent you and/or your family. Get Gladish.