Lake County, Indiana – Car Accident Lawyer - Car Accident Attorney – Serious Injury – Death Cases
Lake County, Indiana is located in the northwestern part of the state and is home to a population of over 500,000 people. The county is a major transportation hub, with Interstate 90, Interstate 65, and U.S. Route 30 all running through it. As a result of its large population and busy transportation network, Lake County experiences a high number of car accidents each year. In 2022, there were over 10,000 car accidents reported in Lake County, resulting in over 1,000 injuries and 20 fatalities. Lake County is also home to a number of major industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, and education.
As for the number of car accidents 2019 in Lake County, Indiana, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation, there were a total of 4,360 crashes in Lake County, Indiana. Of those crashes, 18 were fatal, 978 resulted in injury, and 3,364 resulted in property damage only.
The most common causes of car accidents in Lake County are speeding, distracted driving, and drunk driving. Speeding is a major factor in over 30% of all car accidents in the county. Distracted driving, which includes activities such as talking on the phone, texting, and eating while driving, is a factor in over 20% of all car accidents. Drunk driving is a factor in over 10% of all car accidents.
The most common injuries sustained in car accidents in Lake County are:
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries to drivers, varying from minor cuts and bruises to severe, life-threatening trauma. The specific injuries sustained in a car accident depend on various factors, including the type and severity of the collision, the speed of the vehicles involved, the use of seat belts, airbags, and other safety devices, and the overall health and condition of the individuals involved. Here, I’ll discuss some common types of injuries that drivers may sustain in car accidents:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when a person’s head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward, causing the neck to hyperextend. It commonly occurs in rear-end collisions. Symptoms of whiplash include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Fractures and broken bones: High-impact collisions can lead to fractures and broken bones in various parts of the body, such as the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. The force exerted during the impact can cause the bones to break, and the severity can range from minor hairline fractures to complex fractures requiring surgical intervention.
- Head injuries: Drivers may sustain head injuries, ranging from minor concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBI). These injuries can result from the head striking the steering wheel, dashboard, or windows upon impact. Symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, nausea, loss of consciousness, memory loss, and cognitive impairments.
- Chest and abdominal injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause injuries to the chest and abdomen, such as broken ribs, internal bleeding, and damage to organs like the lungs, liver, or spleen. These injuries can be life-threatening and may require immediate medical attention.
- Spinal injuries: Severe car accidents can result in spinal injuries, including herniated discs, fractures, or even spinal cord damage. These injuries can lead to temporary or permanent paralysis, depending on the extent and location of the damage.
- Soft tissue injuries: Car accidents often cause damage to soft tissues, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Sprains, strains, and contusions are common soft tissue injuries. They can cause pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
- Psychological trauma: Car accidents can have a significant psychological impact on drivers. Emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression are common psychological consequences of car accidents.
It’s important to note that the severity and types of injuries can vary widely depending on the specific circumstances of the accident. Prompt medical attention should be sought after any car accident, even if there are no apparent injuries, as some symptoms may appear later due to the adrenaline rush or delayed effects of trauma.
The total cost of damages from car accidents in Lake County in 2022 was estimated to be $1 billion. This is an increase of 10% from the previous year.
Monetary Damages/Value of your car accident case:
The damages caused by car accidents in Lake County can be significant. Some of the most common types of damages include:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Property damage.
The amount of damages recoverable for plaintiffs in a car accident cases in Lake County, Indiana will vary depending upon the type of injuries and damages sustained in the collision as well as the facts of how the collision occurred.
Usually, the more severe the injuries and damages, the larger the monetary recovery for the victim of negligent driving. It is also important to note that the amount of car insurance available to compensate a plaintiff can vary from
defendant to defendant which is why you need an experienced attorney like the Gladish Law Group to ensure that all avenues of recovery for your injuries and damages are explored to you get the compensation you deserve.
In general, damages recoverable in a car accident case in Indiana may include economic damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage, as well as non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. The specific damages recoverable will depend on the circumstances of the accident, the extent of the injuries, and the applicable laws of the state.
Car accidents can have serious consequences, both physically and financially. If you are involved in a car accident in Lake County, Indiana, it is important to seek medical attention if needed and consult with a qualified attorney to understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation for your damages. An experienced attorney like the Gladish Law Group can help you evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary.
How a Lake County Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Car Accident Injury Claim:
If you, or a loved one, has suffered an injury or death due to the negligence of a driver, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified lawyer who understands the law and possesses the skill to ensure that you get justice you deserve for your loss. Do not waste your one and only opportunity to receive just compensation for your injury case by hiring the wrong lawyer. Get a lawyer that is experienced, highly rated and certified to represent you and/or your family. Get Gladish.