Dyer, Indiana – Car Accident Lawyer - Car Accident Attorney – Serious Injury – Death Cases
Car Accidents in Dyer, Indiana:
According to the Indiana State Police, there were 1,032 car accidents in Dyer, Indiana in 2021. This is an average of 2.8 car accidents per day. The most common type of accident was a two-vehicle crash, accounting for 62% of all accidents. Other common types of accidents included single-vehicle crashes (22%), hit-and-run crashes (9%), and pedestrian accidents (5%).
The most dangerous intersection in Dyer is the intersection of US-30 and Calumet Avenue. This intersection has been the site of 16 car accidents in the past year, resulting in 2 injuries and no fatalities. Other dangerous intersections in Dyer include the intersection of 13th Street and Joliet Road, and the intersection of 11th Street and Torrence Avenue.
The causes of car accidents in Dyer vary, but the most common causes include speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence. In 2021, speeding was a factor in 25% of all car accidents in Dyer. Distracted driving was a factor in 17% of all accidents, and driving under the influence was a factor in 10% of all accidents.
If you are concerned about car accidents in Dyer, there are a few things you can do to stay safe. First, always obey the speed limit and never drive while distracted. Second, make sure you are properly licensed and insured. Third, be aware of your surroundings and drive defensively. Finally, if you are involved in a car accident, stay calm and call the police immediately.
The common causes of car accidents in the Town of Dyer, Indiana:
- Speeding: Speeding is a factor in about 25% of all car accidents in Dyer. When drivers exceed the speed limit, they have less time to react to changing conditions and are more likely to lose control of their vehicle.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a factor in about 17% of all car accidents in Dyer. This includes activities such as talking on the phone, texting, eating, and adjusting the radio. When drivers are distracted, they are not paying attention to the road and are more likely to cause an accident.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): DUI is a factor in about 10% of all car accidents in Dyer. When drivers are intoxicated, they are impaired and cannot make sound decisions about driving. They are more likely to speed, make lane changes without signaling, and fail to yield the right of way.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving is a more serious form of driving that is characterized by willful or wanton disregard for the safety of others. This includes behaviors such as speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and running red lights. Reckless driving is a factor in about 5% of all car accidents in Dyer.
- Inclement weather: Inclement weather, such as rain, snow, and ice, can also contribute to car accidents. When the roads are wet or icy, drivers need to slow down and be more cautious. They should also avoid using cruise control and leave extra space between their car and the car in front of them.
- Failure to yield the right of way: Failure to yield the right of way is a common cause of accidents at intersections. Drivers need to be aware of their surroundings and yield the right of way to oncoming traffic, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Tailgating: Tailgating is another common cause of accidents. When drivers follow too closely behind another car, they do not have enough time to brake if the car in front of them stops suddenly. This can lead to rear-end collisions.
- Fatigued driving: Fatigued driving is a factor in about 5% of all car accidents in Dyer. When drivers are tired, they are more likely to make mistakes and are more likely to fall asleep at the wheel.
If you are involved in a car accident in Dyer, it is important to stay calm and call the police immediately. You should also exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident, including their name, address, insurance information, and license plate number. You should also take pictures of the damage to your car and the scene of the accident. If you are injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
The injuries sustained in car accidents in the Town of Dyer can be serious and even fatal. Some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head and neck are suddenly and forcefully thrown back and forth. It is one of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents, and it can cause pain, stiffness, and difficulty moving the neck.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage. They can be caused by a direct blow to the head, or by the head being shaken violently. Head injuries can have serious long-term consequences, including memory loss, personality changes, and difficulty concentrating.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur when the spine is forcefully compressed or torn. They can cause paralysis, numbness, and weakness in the arms and legs. Spinal cord injuries can be very serious and may require lifelong medical care.
- Chest injuries: Chest injuries can include broken ribs, collapsed lungs, and internal bleeding. They can be caused by the impact of the airbag, or by the chest being crushed by the force of the collision. Chest injuries can be life-threatening, and they may require surgery and hospitalization.
- Abdominal injuries: Abdominal injuries can include internal bleeding, organ damage, and bowel perforation. They can be caused by the impact of the steering wheel, or by the abdomen being crushed by the force of the collision. Abdominal injuries can be serious and may require surgery and hospitalization.
- Extremity injuries: Extremity injuries can include broken bones, torn ligaments, and nerve damage. They can be caused by the impact of the car with another object, or by the occupant being thrown from the car. Extremity injuries can be painful and debilitating, and they may require surgery and rehabilitation.
It is important to note that these are just some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents. The severity of an injury can vary depending on the speed of the collision, the type of impact, and the position of the occupant in the car. If you are involved in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think you are injured.
Monetary Damages/Value of your Dyer car accident case:
The value of car accident case injuries is determined by a number of factors, including:
- The severity of the injuries: More severe injuries are typically worth more than less severe injuries.
- The long-term impact of the injuries: Injuries that have a lasting impact on the victim’s life, such as paralysis or brain damage, are typically worth more than injuries that heal completely within a few months.
- The victim’s age: Younger victims are typically worth more than older victims, as they have more years of life ahead of them to experience the financial and emotional impact of their injuries.
- The victim’s income: Victims who earn a higher income are typically worth more than victims who earn a lower income, as they have more money to lose due to their injuries.
- The victim’s medical expenses: The cost of the victim’s medical care is also a factor in determining the value of their claim.
- The victim’s lost wages: If the victim is unable to work due to their injuries, they may be eligible for lost wages compensation.
- The victim’s pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is a non-economic damages that can be difficult to quantify, but it is often awarded in car accident cases.
The value of a car accident case injury can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances of the case. In some cases, the value of the claim may be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, while in other cases, it may be only a few thousand dollars. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to speak with an attorney from the Gladish Law Group to discuss the value of your claim.
It is also important to note that the amount of car insurance available to compensate plaintiffs does vary from defendant to defendant which is why you need an experienced attorney like the Gladish Law Group to ensure that all avenues of recovery for your injuries and damages are explored to ensure you get the compensation you deserve, since some defendants may have no insurance or very low limits.
How a Dyer Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Car Accident Injury Claim:
If you, or a loved one, has suffered an injury or death due to the negligence of a car driver, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified lawyer who understands the law and possesses the skill to ensure that you get justice you deserve for your loss. Do not waste your one and only opportunity to receive just compensation for your injury case by hiring the wrong lawyer. Get a lawyer that is experienced, highly rated and certified to represent you and/or your family. Get Gladish.